We have said it before, and we’ll say it again: wellness is a cornerstone of Railinc’s culture.
The Railinc Wellness Team, with guidance from our wellness coordinator, plan engaging activities, volunteer for charity events, and lead our in-house sports and recreation teams.
In 2023 alone, we:
- partnered with the Red Cross for a maxed-out blood donation drive;
- hosted a flu shot clinic and COVID-19 vaccine clinic;
- promoted North Carolina’s Year of the Trail to get employees moving;
- brought in a medical partner to perform on-site physicals for employees at no cost to them;
- competed in a friendly intra-office volleyball tournament at the nearby North Cary Park;
- held our first wellness fair in several years, and several other events to support employee health.
“Our Wellness Team has been great over the years, and having a dedicated wellness coordinator has done wonders to bring up the level and quality of the wellness program,” Allen West, Railinc president and CEO, said. “I am looking forward to seeing what next year’s programming brings.”
Additionally, we were honored once again as one of the Healthiest Employers in the Triangle. That marks our sixth year in a row of recognition – and we’re hoping for bigger and better things in 2024.
10 Years of the Railinc 5K
In late October, we celebrated the 10th annual Railinc Classic 5K on-site in picture-perfect weather. Our on-site 5K provides a chance for employees from across the company to show off their competitive side by vying for the best time, or enjoy a nice walk together on the greenway near the Railinc office.
“This was my first Railinc 5K,” Nathan B., customer success specialist, said. “On top of health and fitness reasons, I wanted to do this to be able to hang out with my peers and do something we all enjoy.”
Everyone who participated in our races this year — including those who completed a race remotely — received a commemorative t-shirt and medal for their efforts.
We can’t wait to see what next year holds for our wellness program!